“Oh, it was not a big deal”
“That feels so natural for me, I didn’t have to think about it”
“I can do that with my eyes closed and one hand behind my back”
Do any of the above phrases and comments ring a bell with you? Which ones do YOU find yourself frequently using?
I cannot count the number of times I have worked with clients who get shy about their own achievements.
Don’t sit on your life and career achievements, they are catalysts for your next level. Let them serve as great sources of motivation and strong reminders about your capabilities and strengths in any situation or circumstance.
Besides the obvious, “earth shattering” achievements that amaze everyone, here are some other sources to jog your memory about past achievements.
- Company’s annual performance reviews, assessments or evaluations
- Company-sponsored awards or special recognition tokens (there is usually a reason, you earned that award)
- Letters of recommendations or commendations from previous employers, vendors, clients or colleagues
- Thank you letters or emails for happy, satisfied company clients (they are generally specific in nature regarding how you helped them)
- High-profile company projects or special assignments (focus on the complexities, your role and then the results)
What are your top five achievements for 2016?